I have found the most powerful way to help someone is to let them be seen, heard and touched.
Exploring where client is right now in their life.
Using different counselling/psychotherapy techniques to explore life story, such as ….
- Using pyschodynamic model, explore early life conditioning and behaviours to see if they are played out in present day life.
- Exploring which of these behaviours may be getting in the client’s way of creating the life that they want (self-defeating behaviours).
- Exploring goals of client to see what life they wish to create.
- Using Gestalt model to explore feelings and sensations in client’s body to bring more body awareness of connection of feelings to the body.
- Using Cognative Behaviour model to help develop connection between thoughts, emotions and behaviours and discover core beliefs.
- Uncovering personalities/archetypes that reside within us and the stories they tell around our emotional needs.
- Exploring how/if our emotional needs are being met and if not what behaviours may result around this.
- Discovering the inner child and what emotional needs they may be expressing to us and how we can re-parent and take care of our inner child particularly around angers and vulnerability.
- Exploring where balance is in areas of our life e.g. giving and receiving.
- Finding new ways to self-soothe and feel safe from within.
- Finding out which are our usual emotional state of being and learn how to move into other emotional states of being so that we have choices.
- Learning how to have more choices around thoughts, emotions and behaviours and how empowering that can feel.
In Counselling and Hypnotherapy I cover the following areas:
- Relationships and intimacy problems
- Anxiety and Depression
- Grief and Loss
- Anger problems
- Self Esteem or Self Confidence problems
- Eating Disorders
- Transition and Change
- Allowing a client to tune in to feeling their body at a deeper level.
- Helping the body feel safe to teach it to let go and relax.
- Helping the body feel nurtured.
- Allowing the client to notice the tension patterns that they hold and start to connect them to mind, emotions and behaviours.
- Using energy (Reiki) to rebalance the body and for deeper healing in letting go the negative patterns the body is holding.
- Introducing the client to the energy body – the chakras, meridians and auric field and how we can use them to enhance our wellbeing.
In Massage and Reiki I can offer:
- Therapeutic Massage
- Sports Massage and Injuries
- Hot Stone Massage
- Lomi Lomi Hawaiian Massage
- Ursui Reiki
- Seichim Reiki
- Mindfulness and the deeper awareness of mind, body, emotions and energies.
- Meditation techniques to develop wisdom, awareness, relaxation and letting go.
- Breathing techniques to ground and centre the client to help feel more safe and techniques for using the breath to let go.
- Facilitating the client into journeys of states of being such as unconditional love, forgiveness, relaxation, loving kindness and compassion to help the body have a route map back to these states of being.